Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #28: It's you and me and an army of zombies!

Hey, ladies and gents, what’s going on? As you are aware, it is clearly time for:

Stacy
Give Stacy some love!

  • I’m going to open up this week with a somewhat awkward admission: I’ve been in a hypo-manic state for a couple of weeks and it has culminated in a prescription for motherfucking valium. (If the pharmacists weren’t judging the fuck out of me before, they certainly must be now.)
  • Yeah, yeah, I know – there’s a huge move to try and break down the stigmas that surround mental health, but it’s still weird for me to openly talk about my bipolar disorder.
  • Not even gonna bother talking about the Rapture FAIL.
  • Jer’s vacation is over, so the somewhat relaxed days are now behind us. Meh.
  • E3 cometh. Meh times a million.
©Capcom
  • I tried Resident Evil 5 on Professional difficulty last week (there are some hefty achievement points for completing it on that difficulty). Holy fuck. One hit and you’re instantly in Dying status. Definitely going to need a human partner to pull it off because AI controlled Sheva did some hella stupid shit.
  • Went a little nuts downloading music a couple of nights ago. A life without music? Not worth living.
  • Lars Frederiksen: Army of Zombies. Girl In a Coma: pretty much anything. Ladytron: Ace of Hz (Tiesto Remix). You’re welcome.
  • Jeans kind of suck nowadays. It’s almost impossible to find a pair of non-skinny jeans.
  • Once again was accosted by a giant close up of a random vagina on deviantART’s frontpage over the weekend. There is nothing artistic about a randomly pierced outie. Srsly.
  • Bitches, man… SMH.
  • Finally got that haircut I’ve been putting off. It’s nice to not have the world completely obstructed by an overgrown fringe.
  • Munchkin got her haircut, as well. (Rather, her first professional haircut…) She was surprisingly well-behaved, as most attempts to comb her hair end in screaming, crying, and flailing. She now has this adorable Shirley Temple thing going on.
  • As a side note, there was a rather awkward pause when I gave the lady at the counter Munchkin’s name. (This is because she shares the same name as a character on a popular show that I have only heard about. People assume that I must be a big fan, but I’m not. Just to be clear, I picked her name before the show in question ever even aired.)
  • Feel free to take guesses -- just know that I won't reveal it even if you do get it right ;)


Okay, party people, I’ve gotta end this while I’m coherent enough to close it out with more than a “derp” and an ellipses. Come back next week for some more of my usual cringe-inducing musings. Until then, always remember:
It's not gay when it's in a three-way.

8 comments (+add yours?)

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I HATE skinny jeans and yes, it is hard to find non skinny ones. I actually found some at American Eagle, a place I NEVER shop. Happy RTT.

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope the Valium helps with your hypo-manic mode - my aunt was on that for a while, and it did help her! ;)

I'm having the same trouble finding non-skinny jeans...

Yay for finally getting a haircut! And very cool that Munchkin got her haircut like a champ! Well, you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks for rockin' the random rebellion with me again! :)

Chicken Salad, Marathon Dog, and I'm a Winner - or is that Wine-r?

VandyJ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I got Turbo's hair cut this weekend. He so needed it. He looks much better now. I bet your little one looks adorable.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha.... If you ever want to know something about someone, ask a Pharmacist. I get it with the munchkins name. My daughter is named Hanna Nicole. People sometimes think I named my kid after Anna Nicole. Really? Are you kidding me?!

Marisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Xanax has helped me and I ain't ashamed to admit it.
"It's not gay when it's in a three-way." = Classic.

Meowlissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Skinny jeans are the devil's anus. really. And you kick more ass all the time for your open-ness. Not giving a fook what people think just adds to your awesome points. True. story.

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They don't get much more bipolar than me so if you ever need anything at all, my best advice is to find an ax and chop a tree down.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@allstar -- American Eagle? Huh. Never even thought of going there...

@Stacy -- Good to know that valium can be helpful! And, as always, thank you for allowing us bloggers to rock the rebellion! :)

@Vandy -- It's amazing what a small trim can do, right??

@Christina -- Hanna is such a pretty name! I don't know how you haven't cut somebody yet for making the Anna Nicole assumption. (Or... have you? ;) )

@Marisa -- That's awesome that xanax helped you! And, yes, I have to agree that Three-Way there is classic!

@Meowlissa -- LOL @ "devil's anus"!! And, thank you :D

@Julie -- I wouldn't be able to trust myself with an axe. I would go all Jack Nicholson in The Shining on my neighbors and shit. It would be a mess.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.